Monday 30 September 2013

Slippery When Wet - Oil Rinsing




This is simply saturating your hair with oil AFTER it has been shampooed, before conditioning. Aside from the obvious benefits that oils provide you hair such as vitamins, moisture or protein, oil rinsing is really effective at providing slip to the hair making it a dream to detangle. It certainly works magic.

How to oil Rinse

After you have Shampooed your hair (of course you already pre-pooed and all that stuff too), use about a 1/2 cup of your favorite oil to thoroughly saturate your hair (I love EVOO for this). Let it sit for a few minutes. Next you can either rinse, or apply your rinse out conditioner on top of the oil and then rinse. At this point you can proceed with your wash day in a typical fashion.


Drawbacks

  • Can leave your hair really oily (not a drawback for some) and/ or weighed down.
  • Not recommended if your final style will be a straight one, such as flat-ironing.

Pluses

  • Added bit out moisture or protein depending on your oil of choice.
  • Provides slip leading to very easily detangled hair.



When I tried oil rinsing I was amazed at how easily my hair detangled. Knots melted away. It was a bit oily up to a few days after but I didn't mind.

Have you tried oil rinsing? What are your thoughts?


XOXO,
Abbi

2 comments :

  1. I usually add oils to my DC so I guess it's half way the same, my hair is easier to detangle when I do this, I have never tried it on its own though, might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I always add oils to my deep conditioners too. Sometimes if I DC before I shampoo, I'll oil rinse as well. It works magically!

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: