Monday 30 September 2013

Oil it up - Coconut oil

This is another favorite among those on hair journeys and rightly so. Coconut oil provides many benefits to the body and the hair in particular. It too, is one of the few shaft-penetrating oils, thus lodging its nourishing properties deep into the strand. 

It is considered anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial because it contains lauric acid, a chemical that is otherwise only found in human breast milk. Thanks to the anti-fungal and healing properties of coconut oil, it can be used to treat scalp complaints.

Coconut oil contains Vitamin E (an essential nutrient for skin and hair), which along with the previously mentioned lauric acid, help to promote protein regrowth in the hair, making it stronger.

Like all other oils, it is unable to moisturize, but it is very effective at sealing in moisture and leaving hair with a shine that screams health, and it smells good too! You can't beat that with a stick!

Uses of Cocout Oil

  • Prepoo
  • Deep condition
  • sealing 
  • scalp treatments/ massages


Are you a lover of coconut oil? How do you use it? Let me know down below.

XOXO,
Abbi

2 comments :

  1. I love using coconut oil on my hair. It actually grew out and thickened my hair. Over the past year my hair grew out over six inches. I use coconut oil on my hair. Ive dealt with dry scalp and the coconut oil cleared up my flaky scalp problem. I recommend coconut oil to my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome. I really like it too. I only stopped using it for a while due to it's affinity to protein, as I was experiencing a protein overload.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: