Saturday 21 September 2013

Wrap it up - Protect your hair while you sleep

I recently posted about protective styling, but what I didn't mention is that it doesn't stop there. Nope, we should protect our hair as much as we possibly can. How, you ask? By wrapping it up every chance we get! 


And by wrapping I mean using a silk or satin scarf to prevent the hair from coming in contact with harmful culprits such as air (which dries out our hair), garments and pillow cases (which dries out our hair plus causes breakage through friction), and ourselves (for those of us who are touchy-feely with our locks). I not only wrap at nights for bed, I do it whenever I'm laying down watching TV or getting my fix of youtube videos. You see, cotton (the material most sheets and pillow cases are made of) is known for its absorbency, which can be a good thing. However, when it comes to our hair, this can be detrimental, as it sucks the moisture from our tresses. Using a silk or satin scarf can prevent such an occurrence. As long as I am lounging, my hair is wrapped/ tied up with a head scarf. You can use a regular old scarf or get a lil' fancy.



Some, myself included, prefer not to be constantly donning a scarf particularly when the significant other is around. For that, the remedy is to invest in some satin sheets and/or pillow cases. 



Wrapping your hair while at home is the final piece of the puzzle when it comes to protecting your hair. Pair this act with protective styling and you have a win! 

XOXO, 
Abbi

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?

share: