Saturday 28 September 2013

Looking for you in the Daytime with a Flashlight - S&D


I've briefly referred to the search and destroy method in posts such as this and this. Allow me to elaborate.

What is it?

This is a really simple method of identifying and locating split or otherwise damaged parts of the strand and then snipping them off with a pair of sharp hair shears.

Why do it?

Split-ends are the enemy!! They hamper length retention and make our hair look a little less healthy. While many trim to get rid of splits, it is my opinion, and that of many others, that search and destroy is a much more effect practice than trimming in combating split-ends, as they are not only found at the ends, but can be spotted throughout our hair. Single strand Knots (SSKs) are another culprit which needs to be snipped and which can occur anywhere along the strand. S&D is the perfect defense to the aforementioned evils.

When should I do it?

You can do it as often as you like. Some prefer to execute it when the hair is straight, but it really doesn't matter, as long as you can locate and eradicate those bastards.

How I do it!

I usually go through the wash process, and when my hair is air-drying, I break out my scissors and go to town. It can take anywhere from minutes to hours. Additionally, if I'm manipulating or simply observing my hair and I stumble upon a few splits, or even a single one, then I will immediately reach for my shears.


Next time you are bombarded with split ends, instead of trimming inches from your tresses, try the search and destroy method. Additionally, if you do reside in Splitsville, check out this post for the 411.


XOXO,
Abbi

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?

share: