Monday 4 May 2015

My New Hairdo


Hey There!
How are you keeping?

I'm doing a bit of show and tell today with my new protective style.
Keep scrolling for the 411.




I installed these braids on Friday, April 24 and I'm still wearing them today.
I'm hoping to get 2 - 3 weeks wear out of them and so far so good.
Here are the specs:

 
 
 
It is such an easy style to rock.
Maintenance is a breeze and I can easily wear it to the gym or a night on the town (as I have lol).
Easy. Breezy. Beautiful.


The stylist did a pretty good job and I'm in love with both its form and function.





You may (or may not lol) remember my bucket list where I included a pic of a girl wearing chunky cornrows. see below. Well this look is inspired by her.



One style crossed off my list.



Are you liking these chunky braids or nah?
 
 

5 comments :

  1. Cute! Any thoughts on protecting your edges in braided styles like this one?

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP.
      After the install you don't really have to worry about your edges, it is during that may pose an issue.
      3 things my stylist did to help were:
      1. add very little hair to the beginning of the braid
      2. don't do the front super super tight and
      3. she let me press down on the braid as she went to prevent pulling

      I had zero breakage at my edges, so I think they helped.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: