Monday 3 February 2014

A Trio - Hair of the Week (HOTW)

Another week is upon us and another protective style upon my head. This one is also pretty simple and is reminiscent of the single cornrow. Take a look-see:

Protective style - HOTW - A trio


How To:

  • Section your hair into thirds vertically, M&S/ LOC and secure with ponytail holders.
  • Braid ponytails and remove the holders.
  • Twist the braid to make it taut and secure.
  • Wrap the braid around itself making a circle and secure with bobby pins.
  • Make the circles large and full enough so that they rest near to each other.
  • Enjoy (all week).

Protective style (A trio) - Steps


You can garnish this style with headbands or bows as I may do during the week (if I'm feeling fancy lol).


What style are you rocking this week?




10 comments :

  1. Your hairstyles inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really neat protective style....I definitely may be trying this one myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, please try it and post it so I can see :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Abbi! My apologies if you answered this before, but how do maintain your PSs when you workout? Mine always get unmanageably fuzzy by day 3. Working out with a scarf doesn't work because I sweat too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abbi! My apologies if you answered this before, but how do maintain your PSs when you workout? Mine always get unmanageably fuzzy by day 3. Working out with a scarf doesn't work because I sweat too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fallon, no apologies necessary. Actually WHILE working out, I don't pay attention to my hair, I just let it do what it does. It's AFTER the workout, and before going to bed that I take measures to maintain the style. That usually includes M&S/ LOCing (only the exposed parts), and if the style allows, I'll use gel and a soft bristle brush to smooth the edges.Finally, I tie it up with a silk scarf. The scarf along with the moisture really get my hair back on track overnight.

      Aside: It's only straight hair that I tie a scarf around WHILE working out (which I don't remove until the hair is dry), or I'll just use a taut ponytail to keep the hair stretched and straight during exercise.

      Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tips. I workout before work, but your method should still do the trick=)

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: