Friday 22 November 2013

Left Me Wanting More - Queen Helene Cholesterol Cream

As per website 

Between chemicals, styling and the elements, your hair takes a beating everyday. Reverse the damage and protect your hair with Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. The original alcohol-free deep-conditioning treatment was created to save dry, damaged, chemically-treated and over-processed hair. It leaves a natural healthy shine with extra body and resilience.


Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lanolin, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24 (Cholesterol), Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red (CI 16035)"

Directions

Shampoo hair and towel dry. Apply Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream generously to hair and scalp. Make sure dry or damaged hair is well covered. Add a few drops of warm water and work into a creamy lather. Cover hair with a plastic cap, then cover with a heating cap or a hot towel. Keep on for 15 to 30 minutes. Remove cap and rinse thoroughly until all cream is removed. Do not shampoo.

Claims
Adds moisture to sun-dried, over-processed hair
Treats and conditions damaged hair
Leaves hair shiny and soft
Gives hair added body


My Take

Appearance
Thick, creamy, cream-colored product available in a jar for easy access. In my opinion, this product smells a bit like plain soap :-/ Not the most pleasant, but not bad either.

Performance
I started using this conditioner pretty early in my journey. It's one of the first deep conditioners I bought after learning about it from Shorty2sweet's youtube channel. Sadly, it wasn't love at first use. It was just super thick and didn't melt into my hair as I would've liked. It also didn't leave my hair as nourished and moisturized as I expected. BUT! I take partial responsibility as for whatever reason, I missed the part of the directions which instructed us to add warm water to the product. 



Nevertheless, being the forgiving person I am, I gave it another shot, this time adding my own twist to the product and can I tell you, I fell in love. Adding (warm) water worked like a charm. I also added some of my favorite natural oils and my hair felt heavenly. The above claims were manifested when I used the conditioner 'my' way. It definitely adds moisture, conditions hair leaving it soft and full of body. I have been and will continue to use this deep conditioner. It has (along with Aubrey's Honeysuckle rose) been helping me win the fight against dry hair, and it has been doing a pretty good job.

Value
This conditioner costs about $3 for a 15oz jar (depending on where you purchase) and quite frankly for that price, we are certainly getting our money's worth. The fact that we should add water makes this conditioner last even longer. I get around 5 or 6 sessions from one tub. Value for money is an understatement!

Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream for the WIN!

Have you tried it? Like it, love it or hate it?

XOXO,
Abbi

10 comments :

  1. Thnks for d product review dear,I actually bot mine like 2 weeks ago nd I used it last weekend,I neva really liked d smell nd d texture on my hair,I didn't even knw we re to add water to it.thnks so much cuz u ve really helped a sis,cuz I had already tot it wil just b a waste,I will give it a try 2moro wit warm water nd natural oil nd check out d result

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help, I hope you end up liking it as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. When I read your review I was like what we're supposed to add warm water? Reading is fundamental huh? lol.
    I have the 5lb tub from a year ago. Still have over half left..I will Doctor it and see if it works better this time around. Thanks Abi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I missed that instruction at first too. Actually I'm not even sure if it's (I don't remember seeing it) on the product iself, I found that info on the website. I hope it works for you now.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried this product but I'm glad it works out for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice. It really does work well AND it's cheap. Gotta love it.

      Delete
  4. Well I missed that instruction too.. I may re-purchase this as it was a pretty good D/C

    www.myeverydaytreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vaguely remember using this when I was in high school and loving it. I haven't tired it since starting my hhj. Thanks for this review chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's been a staple since the start of my HHJ. It does good things!

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: