Wednesday 1 July 2015

Wash Day - Twisted Up-do

It's a little strange to me that I can have these effortless wash days at > 6 months post. With all the new growth I've got, you'd think it'd be a struggle, but no, smooth as butter.

 
 

I started off by deep conditioning over night on dry hair which was previously in twists. I finger detangled prior to applying the deep conditioner - Organics Hair Mayo, then sealed with my oil mix and prepped my hair for bed.




The next morning, I proceeded to rinse and apply my shampoo. I used TRESseme Smooth & Silky shampoo once and then I did a second shampoo with Shea Moisture Retention shampoo to restore the moisture as the former was a bit drying. I then conditioned with the matching TRESseme conditioner , put my hair in 2 braids while rinsing and T-shirt dried that way.




When my hair was dry and stretched, I added some leave-in conditioner - NTM Silk Touch Leave-in cream and some serum (L'Oreal Frizz Taming), after which I put my hair in this up-do.

 


All in all, it was an easy, stress-free wash day which I really appreciated at 27 weeks post.


It's been a while, but I'm linking with some other lovely ladies where we all share our wash day experience. Check them out.

 
How was your wash day?
 
 

6 comments :

  1. I wish i could see the photo clearer for the style. Not seeing it well. You slept with the organics in your hair? I was afraid yo do so fearing protein overload.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can you do a tutorial?!?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your twisted bun! I agree with KLP can you do a pictorial on it? And wow to having smooth wash day at 27 weeks post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bun! I hope my wash days will be that smooth as I extend my stretch. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?

share: