Wednesday 20 May 2015

A Taste of Jamaica: Portland




Hey there guys!
So in keeping with one of my resolutions for 2015 to explore my own country, I took a weekend trip to one of thee most beautiful places my eyes have beheld.

I wanted to share some tidbits with you, so you can enjoy the scenery like I did, and perhaps one day you'll come see it for yourself.


Blue Lagoon


Blue Lagoon is an enchanting spot with deep blue waters, fed by a fresh water mineral spring.  Made famous by a certain Brooke Shields movie, the 52m-deep (170.6ft) opens to the sea through a narrow funnel.



Frenchman's Cove


Surrounded by lush hills, a freshwater mountain mineral stream winds lazily to meet a fine white-sand beach that ledges sharply into the ocean.


Rafting on the Rio Grande


Torrential rains rushing down from the Blue Mountains feed the Rio Grande River. Rio Grande rafting provides some of the most beautiful views you will ever see and for about two to three hours you will be swallowed up by Jamaica’s natural beauty.


We also visited other beautiful locations like Bikini Beach, San San Beach and Boston, famous for its jerk. We even got a surprise show at Great Huts one night when we went to dine, an entertaining performance depicting the various dances from pre-slavery to modern day. Here's a snippet:


 
 
 
It was a lovely trip, peaceful and centering. I lie in wait for the next adventure.
 
Toodles!
 
 


4 comments :

  1. Yeah mon...lol the Caribbean is filled with so many breathtaking, picturesque scenery. Your pics make me wanna run to the fridge...grab an ice cold beer and swing in my hammock all day. Very beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing. All that water and mangrove makes me miss my own home town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to make the most of your weekend. Seeing all of that in person must have been breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?

share: