Thursday 27 November 2014

Remove Crochet Braids in 15 Minutes!

Hola!
 
I had 2 short stints with crochet braids - roughly a week each.
I am just not digging fake hair right now, they (Senegalese twists + crochet braids) feel like a more of a bother. I may try to find a half wig and hopefully the fact that I don't have to commit to it long-term will help ease me back into long-term protective styling.
 
 
 
 
So anyway, having removed the crochet braids with relative ease and in a very short time, I decided to quickly share how I did so with you. Now the method I used is not rocket science but sharing it may very well help someone out. I did it in 3 steps:

  1. "moisturize" and detangle. Simply mist the hair and take a paddle brush through it, releasing any knots and tangles.
  2. take your shears/ scissors and cut the fake hair an inch to a 1/2 inch away from the knots. I cut all the hair and then go back through and
  3. release all the knots.
If there are some stubborn knots, usually the ones that are really really small, you can leave it until you have removed the braids and simply slide that knot down the lock of hair to which it is attached.
 
This process of removing both the extensions and the braids took me about a half an hour. You want to take your time though, particularly when working with your scissors, because you don't want to cut any of your own hair.
 
 
Tried crochet braids yet?
How do you remove yours?
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?

share: