Wednesday 30 July 2014

Wash Day - 7/28

Last wash day was a little different from what I'd normally do.
I had a braidout that I wore to my sister's welcome home bash that was old and dry after partying so hard lol.



Instead of pre-pooing and detangling like I normally would, I went straight in with a cowash. I used VO5's cleansing conditioner. I watched a video once where a professional stylist was saying the pre-poo and detangling steps weren't absolutely necessary if you knew how to properly wash your hair, I guess that stuck with me, IDK.

So anyway, I hopped into the shower and let the running water caress my locks. I then applied the cleansing conditioner from root to tip, running my hands through my hair so as to remove any shedding as well as to partially detangle. Bare in mind that I am 17.5 weeks post at this point!

I then rinsed the conditioner from my hair and t-shirt dried for about 20-30 minutes. Subsequent to that, I applied my deep conditioner which took the form of a mixture of (a lot of) coconut oil, LeKair cholesterol cream, Shea Moisture deep treatment masque + the restorative conditioner, Aussie 3 minute moist, and a tad bit of vegetable glycerin. I did something I haven't really done in a while (shame on me) and that's sit under the bonnet dryer for a half an hour. After that time was up, I tied a scarf over my plastic cap and took a nap for another hour or two.

After emerging from my slumber, I hit the shower to rinse my DC. I did so with a cool shower stream.

Once again I t-shirt dried for about 20 minutes and then prepped for the styling process. I moisturized and sealed with NTM silk touch leave-in, Shea Moisture restorative conditioner and some coconut oil and detangled my hair in sections, which didn't take super long at all. I think detangling time totaled 10-15 minutes.



I then put my hair into two pigtails to finish up the air-drying process.

At about 90% dry, I went ahead and executed the style I had intended. In keeping with my protective style challenge, I went for two goddess braids which are meant to last a week. I added weave to the ends as a form of protection to my own ends.




As with my other #washdayexperiences, I'm linking up with the lovely ladies of SOS and JGA. Head over to view other ladies' wash day posts.


How did your wash day play out?






14 comments :

  1. Really cuteeee style Abbi :)
    Hope you can check out me and my fren's blog we jus started hairlengthreality.blogspot.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thank you Abbii :-)
      Of course I will!! lol

      Delete
  2. I agree with Abbii. That style is cute! The length of your hair! Swoon!

    https://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Evalyne. You're always so sweet!

      Delete
  3. annnnd, i've also been toying with the idea of piercing my nose.
    you may have swayed me a bit as well, haha.

    your hair looks great!
    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha you're so cray cray lol lol
      Thanks doll!

      Delete
  4. Your braids are so cute! (I need to learn how to braid my own hair). Great post, Abbi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! It's not too hard. I'm sure u'll learn super quick. Thank u.

      Delete
  5. Loving the protective style. Wish I could braid like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne. I bet u could learn fr a few quick youtube videos!

      Delete
  6. Love the two braids and the style is so cute! I cant cornroll yet, but I can french braid, lol! I might try this in the future. By the way nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger award, check out my post on my page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Keoshia! I'ma check it out.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: