Monday 10 February 2014

Singles Mingle - HOTW

Hey hey hey! I'm back with another 'hair of the week' post. This week I tried something a little different. I was inspired by Rachel to give single braids a try. I had not done this style in YEARS, since I was a child with natural hair. But I think this style will be perfect for what I'm about to embark on this week, but that's a whole 'notha post. Check it out:

Single Braids - HOTW {Protective style}


I didn't go super small with the plaits since I didn't want it to take up too much of my Sunday and also because I don't intend to rock them for more than a week. I have an engagement at the weekend and don't wish to be wearing juvenile-looking braids lol. If however I attempt them once more, I may do them a bit smaller and keep them for at least 2 weeks.

This style took me all of 2 hours to do my entire head. But it's OK because it will serve me well this week and it can be styled in various ways. In the above pic, I simply used a foam roller to curl the ends.



What style is on your head this week?



6 comments :

  1. Cute, was actually thinkinh, how long it too you, 2 hours not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. I just sat around talking on skype or watching videos while I braided so the time flew by. My hands didn't even get tired lol.

      Delete
  2. Cute! I love the curl at the ends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo I luv it, u look fab! And I soo get you on the not wanting to look juvenile, hahaha, I Kindah struggled with that too, but the smaller braids help with that I think. HUGZ for mentioning me in your post! I was really humbled by that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thaaank you! Right?! I wish I had some of those curly clip-ins u b rocking, cuz these braids could probably go another week.

      Hugz back! lol My pleasure. I enjoy your blog and I think others will too.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: