Sunday 22 June 2014

Setting Things Straight - Wash day 6/20 {12 weeks post}

I started off by finger-detangling with water (the products I've been using lately seem to be reactivated with water, leaving my hair super soft without any added products) and then deep-conditioning with a plastic cap for about 2 hours. I used a mix of deep conditioners (Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque & Restorative Conditioner + Aussie 3 minute Moist & Organics Hair Mayo for a kick of protein ).
 
 


I then shampooed with Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and finished off with a little more of the Restorative Conditioner (overkill or nah? lol).
 
I T-shirt dried for a good 20-30 minutes and then proceeded to roller set my hair. In my arsenal was NTM Silk touch leave-in and some lottabody.
 
 
 
 
After my whole head was set, I sprayed it with my heat protectant (a mix of Nioxin and Elasta QP). I sat under my trusty bonnet dryer for roughly an hour and a half.
 

 
 
When I was all dry, I applied some coconut oil and proceeded to flat-iron my roots, which were still a little kinky. These are the results:
 
 
 
I swear the Jamaican weather is not good to my straight hair. I was poofing up by nightfall. I straightened my hair in Florida using pretty much the same products and my hair was thee softest and silkiest it had ever been after a flat iron and it lasted waayyy longer.
 
The good thing is that I was able to revive my poofy hair and keep it straight up to now and I see it lasting a few days longer.
 
 
 
How'd your last wash day go down?
 
 

12 comments :

  1. Your curls are gorgeous! I swear I need to invest in some rollers or flexi rods because you ladies are killing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harlem. I really am down with some rollers!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Harlem. The curls look amazing. I wish I could achieve that when i do my roller sets.

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curls, your roller set came out great love the shine your hair has!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is to a fab curly wash day! Your hair looks amazing! You always give me curl envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you find the the Lotta body setting lotion is the key to achieving a successful rollers etc and do you dilute it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea a product that gives some kind of hold is definitely integral. Yeah I dilute it about 3 parts water to 1 part lottabody setting lotion.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: