Wednesday 8 January 2014

New Year, New Hair

So it's a brand new year and I feel compelled to talk about my elaborate plan for my hair...except I don't have one. I will really only be continuing to execute my regimen or some variation thereof, and using what I have learnt last year especially with regards to the moisture/ protein balance. The only thing that will be different this year is the lack of long-term protective styling. During my last go round, I got super tired of my wig at around the 4 week mark and decided that that was it for a while. I still intend to protective style in the short term though. 



With that said, here are the few (hair) goals and intentions I wish to realize this year:
  • get to waist length before the year is out
  • master the moisture/ protein balance
  • make my regimen as easy as possible
  • master my hair

Also, I intend to eat properly, drink lots of water and get my work-outs in 5 - 6 times each week. I have pretty much been doing this for the better part of last year but I find that my weak spots are vacations where I seem to let loose and have a little too much fun, particularly with food. I think it will be easier this year though, as I am anticipating a big change  :-) which will see my year being less structured (read less school year vacations).  


What goals or plans do you have for this year?









6 comments :

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous. I can only dream.

    I'm only four months in but I've seen a great improvement in my hair health. This year I will be babying my nape and growing it out. It's only about an inch long, which is better than before, believe me. Also, I've suffered some crown breakage, so I'll sort that as well. Adding protein to my regimen has been a hair saver.

    I will be protective styling as much as possible. Unlike you I love wigging it. I was just thinking the other day that the amount of time I've spent in wigs in the past, my hair should be touching the floor by now. Lol. Shame I didn't know what I do now.

    I hope to master self relaxing with little overlap. I've been self relaxing for years but overlapping has always been an issue. I didn't know the damage I was doing. I will be stretching at least 12 weeks (I can do that now. Yay.) But I'll try to master going 16 and see how that goes.

    Right now I'm at neck length. My main goal is to reach shoulder length, with thicker healthier hair by year's end. When I do, it will be the longest my hair has ever been. Ever. Relaxed or natural. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Aine! I really want to become proficient at self-relaxing and my nape could use a little more TLC. I used to love wigs but grew tired of them.

      I definitely think shoulder length is a doable 1 year goal! Good luck on your hair journey this year, I hope you realize the true potential of your hair.

      Delete
  2. You definitely have great plans for you hair ,i'm also aiming for waist length but if it happens in 12 months great,if not i'll just embrace the length i have by then . I've learnt to be patient and just do right things that enable a healthy hair growth . Nice post ....Happy New year

    http://productsthatactuallydowork.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true my dear. I'll check out your blog, thanks for the link.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: